There are many great takeaways from this course, a few of my favorites that come to mind are the below:
- Understanding what the strategies are that effective managers use as a way to adapt when in ambiguous and tempestuous environments.
- Understanding how business operations are impacted by distinctions in sociocultural, political and economic environments.
- Understanding what components influence moral development and a managers ethical decision making process.
- Learning about the different techniques that inform the managerial decision making process such as after action reviews, brain storming and evidence based management.
- Learning about the social learning theory and reinforcement perspective and how these techniques are used by managers to motivate their employees.
I got inspired by watching the smartest guys in the room to read more about the players involved in the Enron scandal. Here’s a neat “where are they now?” article to check out in case you’re interested too!
Enron 15 Years Later: Where Are They Now? [Gaille Energy Blog Issue 19]
I thought this was a really insightful read from Entrepreneur that touches on a handful of interesting potential challenges. Check it out!
I thought this was a really great read from HBR. It provides a nice guide to navigating a potentially tricky situation.
I thought this was an interesting write up from Harvard Business School regarding the advancement of technology and what that could potentially mean for our trajectory as mangers.
I thought this was a really interesting read on managing yourself and your career! Check it out if you get a chance.
How to Manage Your Career